Canadian Immigration Living Colour social welfare. Immigration to Canada can enjoy a lot of welfare policy, Canada has the most comprehensive welfare system, it can be said not to go to work, adequate food and clothing is no problem, and improve the world-famous Canadian social welfare system, and in fact a lot of people are not very Canada’s clear how good welfare, but just stay in plain level, but in the end what are the advantages of Canada’s generous social welfare, including what specifically do?
1. Pregnancy Allowance Maternity Benefit: pregnant mothers as early as in the pre-start receiving prenatal eight weeks of pregnancy allowance, applicants have to go through a two-week waiting period before they can begin receiving benefits payments. Therefore, pregnant mothers maternity leave at the earliest before the expected date of ten weeks and then immediately to the Office of Human Resources Development Canada’s Employment Insurance pregnancy benefits apply gold.
Gold pregnancy allowance up to only receive fifteen weeks, but will stop issuing the seventeen weeks after birth. If the baby due to health problems and hospitalization, then seventeen-week period may be extended until the baby home from the hospital to take care of, but not delayed beyond fifty-two weeks after birth. In any case, pregnancy allowance can only receive the highest gold fifteen weeks.
2. parental benefits Parental Benefit: baby’s birth parents or adoptive parents can receive up to ten weeks of parental benefits so that children can stay at home to take care of a newborn baby or adoption. If a child has a health problem that requires special care, childcare allowance can be increased to fifteen weeks. The grant may be the mother or father or both parents receive one share this allowance payments. As the two together receive childcare allowance, then each person must undergo a waiting period for two weeks without benefits. After two weeks of waiting period, then, when receiving childcare allowance is no longer required to fulfill the two-week waiting period during pregnancy if the mother has received allowance payments.
Childcare allowance from the earliest date of birth or adoption of a child after the baby home from the day received, these ten-week allowance payment is not beyond fifty-two weeks after they were born or go home after.
3. Sickness benefits Sickness Benefits: Sickness benefits help because of illness, injury or an employee who can not be subject to quarantine work to resolve their economic difficulties. Sickness benefits can receive a maximum of fifteen weeks, but it must be the last fifty-two weeks or since the last receiving Employment Insurance benefits who work seven hundred hours. You can receive Sickness benefits in the same period allowance, pregnancy allowance and parental benefits, but can not add up to more than thirty weeks.
Sickness benefits apply must provide a medical certificate to prove that you are sick and needed recovery time.
4. The child care subsidy Child Care Subsidy: In Canada, 6 years old preschool children at their own expense, and the cost is very expensive. A monthly child care expenses for a 600-800 Canadian dollars, many low-income families are unable to send a child to receive early education, the government will set up special funding child care grants. Government under the specific circumstances of the applicant, and sometimes half the subsidy, sometimes fully subsidized. Note that the money paid directly to the children attending kindergarten. Apply for money to queue up, it should be possible to sign up early. Some people say, we both did not work, should be given priority. On the contrary, the Government considers since you can stay at home and teach their children should be no problem. Their priorities are couples who are working or studying and rarely income families.
5. The federal government child care subsidy program (Universal Child Care Benefit) daycare allowance: Canada’s relevant laws and regulations, children under 12 can not be left alone at home after school or holiday, both parents working families must please people look after children. Since the government day-care allowance, the family will not increase the economic pressure. If the child has both parents work and can not pay daycare full fee may apply for day care allowance.
Conditions apply for federal child care allowances: The applicant must be a tax resident in Canada, living together with the child benefit, pay all or most of the responsibility for the care and upbringing of children, children under 6 years old. Monthly allowance of $ 100 a year a total of 1200 Canadian dollars. Nursery children do not need to be able to obtain the subsidy. The federal government childcare benefits are taxable income you receive each year according to the income declaration form R62.
Parents have received or have applied to receive Child Benefit (Canada Child Tax Benefit), and no application can automatically receive childcare allowance. Families not receiving CCTB, you must fill in to apply for the current CCTB application form to get childcare allowance.
6. The family welfare benefits CCTB Child Tax Benefit: Where a child under the age of 18 parents can enjoy. The exact amount depending on the family income level may be. Family benefits children under 18 can receive a small monthly allowance, known as milk gold. This family welfare benefits to be the residence of the nearest area to receive welfare.
Literally from English, meaning there is no milk, which is the local Chinese people to play a name, which means the money is enough for a child to drink milk, and in Canada, every child from birth until the age of 18, can be this receive a monthly allowance, how much is based on parents’ income last year may be, of course, the higher individual income households to no such treatment, the purpose of the establishment of the allowance, one would like to help low-income families, two It is to encourage people to have more children. CCTB came, bonded with recent single handle, if you come bonded month has passed, only to wait until next year, but the application will begin to be filled from the sign.
The money is generally one thousand Canadian dollars a year or so, more children, but also some more subsidy, there will be some provinces such as Quebec province subsidies; in addition, you need a certain time of residence in Canada before Application.
7. The Government Housing Government Housing: To sponsor Ownership, but also to ensure that low-income housing, the Government of Canada each year a large number of government funding to build housing, commissioned by the government’s special corporate governance, with a very low rental price, and often it is a very beautiful building. Who can apply for it? In principle, anyone can, but it’s a special way to charge the wealthy automatically excluded, the basic charge is based on the principle of percentage rent revenue, typically 25-30% of monthly income. If your monthly income is only 1,000 yuan, 250 yuan you just come up with the money submitted to, and may you live Ershiyiting, Sanshiyiting large apartment.
8. Social benefits Social Welfare: This is a cornerstone of Canada’s welfare system is used to ensure that every Canadian can maintain a basic standard of living, which have food and shelter and clothes, no income, and bank deposit of 1,000 yuan each of the following people can apply for the money, a single person can receive a monthly 500-700 Canadian dollars, a family of three may have about 1100-1300 Canadian dollars, enough to maintain a low standard of living, if you have not been working, You can always go to win. Because of this, Canada raised a lot of lazy, they rely on the money to live, a lot of the taxpayers of this great view, the government is also trying to reform in recent years;
Such applications are generally for refugees, single mothers, without any income vulnerable groups, very strict review, the basic guarantee immigrants will not approve, because you have the money secured over others belong to “the rich”, note that if you are receiving social welfare payments, it can not guarantee immigrants over others; (spread online, receive social benefits no longer can not guarantee anyone to Canada); there is no special reason, such as single mothers due to child small can not go out to work and other reasons, the application is not substantially down.
Generally require first social community where registered, explain the situation, the social community to the government departments concerned about time, then the applicant took the application form, identity documents, bank statements and advice to social workers and government workers talk. after verifying the identity of government officials and economic conditions give the answer. However, please note that new immigrants usually within the first six months can not receive the money, because in theory, you should come with a sum of money, and the money 6 months to maintain life.
9. Registered Education Savings Plan – RESP (Registered Education Savings plans)
Early in 1972, it has entered the Canadian people live. Prepare children for the future, with the government’s welfare policy collection of funds, this is a very worthwhile way to encourage investment and financial management.
1. Every child can be a beneficiary.
2. Parents, grandparents, relatives or friends can be a maximum of $ 4,000 per year or a lifetime of not more than $ 42,000 into RESP accounts to specific beneficiaries. There are maximum annual grant $ 400 for.
3. For all contributors, could have been put into the fund for up to 21 years.
4. This accounts for the maximum period of 25 years.
5. All in principal RESP account of the investment are not deductible for tax, when the return of the contributors, the principal do not have to be taxed.
6. contributors in the case of tax-free investment growth has been registered in the beneficiary College (college), comprehensive universities (university) and qualified secondary college (eligible post-secondary educational institution).
7. Then, the beneficiary may be used to repay the Educational Assistance Program (Educational Assistance Payment) to pay its costs of higher education from the RESP account.
In addition, the added RESP residents can also apply for subsidies for the following two:
10. Canada Education Savings Grant (CESG Canada Education Saving Grant): Canada Education Savings Grant (CESG) is another Grants the Government of Canada to provide for your child’s high school available. When you deposit money into an RESP, the government will be a corresponding increase in the amount of allowance to help your savings grow faster. The Government of Canada is your annual “Registered Education Savings Plan – RESP” basic subsidy of 20%, the annual subsidy for each eligible child can be as high Daga credits 500. Another family may be eligible for additional subsidies. The annual RESP savings available the first $ 500 up to 40% subsidy. Basic and additional subsidies for a maximum lifetime of each child is $ 7,200 Canadian dollars.
11. Canadian Education bond (Canada Learning Bond – CLB), in fact, it is the Government of Canada for the user account has been opened RESP families, special grants: $ 500 Canadian dollars for the first time, after $ 100 Canadian dollars per year until the child is 15 years old. Within the money deposited directly into the child’s RESP account for the future costs of higher education. These are each having a resident living in Canada, the children’s interests. Parents must set up a “Registered Education Savings Plan – RESP” to bid for both government subsidies.
12. Free education: 12 years of basic education all free, adult basic education are all free, higher education and vocational education, regardless of age and gender can apply for full funding and interest-free loans. Canada is the full implementation of the world and one of the highest education funding welfare Primary and Secondary Education in several countries, has the world’s most comprehensive system of basic education. The federal government attaches great importance to education, but does not have the Ministry of Education and other similar institutions, education by the provincial government’s responsibility. Canada has the world-class high school, primary school education, world-class learning conditions. Free 12-year compulsory education across the country, citizens or permanent residents and their children from primary to secondary level free education. In addition to not pay tuition, the school also responsible for student lunches, insurance and other costs, education welfare system is quite sound.
13. Healthcare Plan Medicare health plans: Canada implement universal health care plan, residents enjoy free medical services, the hospital stay is necessary, your hospital expenses, medical expenses and meals paid by health plans charge different provincial health care plan, Ontario is free . Provinces offer low price and high quality health care plan. Patients see a doctor, do not have to pay consultation fees, simply pay medical expenses.
Government funding billions of Canadian dollars per year on health care benefits, the average Canadians share. Provinces provide inexpensive and high-quality health care programs (free to participate in Manitoba). In addition to dental and ophthalmology, patients see a doctor, you do not have to pay consultation fees, laboratory fees, hospitalization and surgery costs, pay only prescription drugs. If your family doctor thinks you need to be hospitalized or even surgery, regardless of the size of operation, all costs all by health insurance plans. During hospitalization, the patient’s food, drugs and so do not have to pay a cent. The elderly and people receiving social assistance over 65 years, most of their prescription drugs free of charge.
Hospitalization: If you participate in health programs (free to participate in Ontario), there is need in the hospital, your hospital expenses, medical expenses and meals paid by the health plan.
14. Income Security Allowance (GIS): If you have little or no income, can apply for monthly income security benefits. Definition of income including pensions from other countries, the cost of living, wages, unemployment insurance benefits and workers’ compensation benefits – and more gold or income.
The less your income, the more income security benefits obtained. If you are married, your spouse’s income in computing the total income you deserve it (GIS) will be taken into account when the number. GIS years shall re-apply.
15. Spouse Allowance (SPA): If the following conditions are met, you can receive a spouse allowance, which is used only by those perks an old age security pension couples living:
1, between the ages of 60 and 65 years old, a spouse who is receiving old age security.
2, the total income does not exceed a predetermined amount.
3, after 18 years of living at least 10 years in Canada. SPA shall in reapply. This allowance can continue to be sent to you until you remarry or until the age of 65, even the death of a spouse allowance can continue to you.
16. Holiday Vacation Pay: The Government of Canada provides: full-time employees after one year will receive two weeks per year (ten working days) of paid leave; after five consecutive years, will receive three weeks of paid vacation per year.
17. Unemployment Insurance (EI) Employment Insurance: Most people in Canada’s immigration work are entitled to unemployment insurance. Unemployment can receive unemployment insurance payments.
Unemployment insurance: If because of unemployment, illness, birth or adoption of a child and can not work, about 95% of Canadians can obtain a temporary income through a national unemployment insurance scheme.
Unemployment benefits: the new immigrants have to work more than six months before they can receive benefits.
18. pension (OAS): 65 years of age, lived in Canada for 10 years, may receive a full pension.
Old age security (OAS): Canadians regardless of their assets or income, can get old age security pension. OAS non-contributory. Because eligibility depends on the number of years of residence regulations, new immigrants and therefore not entitled to full pension. But if you are a Canadian citizen or immigrant, aged 65 years or over, after 18 years of residence in Canada for at least 10 years, you can get partial OAS pension, the calculation is based on your years of residence in Canada calculations.
19. Pension Plan Pension Plan (CPP): Canada Pension Plan is a public insurance plan. During the working people pay pension tax may apply for a pension. Canadian residents deduct a certain amount of monthly income in pension contributions in the long-term health disorder or post-retirement time, you can get assistance through this program. Canada Pension Plan (CPP) is mandatory federal pension plan, similar to a private pension phase. The scheme provides a pension, living in welfare and disability benefits. Almost everyone who work are involved in CPP contributions, including self-employed persons.
If you meet both of the following conditions will be eligible to enjoy the CPP:
1, you pay CPP contributions for over a year at least.
2, the type of work you are CPP suffered insured (for example, sporadic part-time work will not be maintained). When you reach 65 years of age, they must apply for these benefits. For more details about the above programs or application procedures, ask income security program office or the Ministry of Health and Welfare.